Custom domain for sending emails
Currently when a recipient receives an email they will see that it is from the sender’s name, ie Bob. However the email displayed will say [email protected]. You can change the domain so that it use your custom domain, ie [email protected]. To do this, simply login and add a custom email domain in your settings.Click here for complete instructions.
Custom domain for the widget, ecard page, and “View in browser” email link
When a recipient receives an email, we provide a link for them to view the ecard on our website incase they can’t see it. Because we host the ecard, it uses our domain, ie ecardwidget.com/ecard/123. If you add your own custom domain, your ecard URL would look something like this:
ecards.yourdomain.com/ecard/123To setup a custom domain you must be familiar with managing domains and DNS settings.
To setup follow these instructions:
1. First, login to your domain registrar account and go to the DNS management area.
2. Add a new CNAME record.
3. Set the CNAME Name to your subdomain. For instance, if you your custom domain is ecards.mydomain.com, you would set the CNAME Name to: “ecards”.
4. Set the CNAME Value to: domain.ecardwidget.com
5. Save your name CNAME record. Note: It may take time for your new record to propagate.
6. Login to your account at EcardWidget.com and go to account settings and set your “Custom domain” and click Save.7. Now you test it out by sending an ecard and checking the URLs.⛔️ Warning: If your DNS isn’t configured correctly, the widget and “View in Browser” link will be broken for recipients.